It is always good to have a simple dessert after your meal. Here’s a super easy cream caramel recipe for you!
For a typical cream caramel, we usually pour the caramel into the container first, and then the cream, but I like adding the caramel over the cream after it is set. It makes life so much easier because you won’t need to flip it over lol It’s your choice!
water – 2 tablespoon
sugar – 6 tablespoon
water – 50 ml (To cool it down)
- Add the water and sugar in a small pan over medium heat.
- Wait until it starts to boil. Get ready to add the additional water.
- When it turns to a beautiful golden color, turn off the heat and add the water inside and stir continuously until it cools down. (Be careful!! it is quite explosive)
- Leave it in the fridge while making the cream caramel.
(servings: about 3 to 4 small ramekins)
Milk – 200ml
Fresh cream – 200ml
eggs – 2
egg yolk – 1
sugar – 3 tablespoon
vanilla extract (or beans) – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 170℃
- Mix the egg, egg yolk, and sugar together in a bowl and whisk until it becomes pale and creamy.
- In a separate pot, add the milk, fresh cream, vanilla extract and heat it under medium heat and gently stir for about 5 – 7mins.Remove from heat. (do not heat it until it boils)
- Add 2. into the bowl little by little while whisking. (make sure 2. is not too hot since it will cook the eggs)
- Strain 3. in a different bowl (very important step to make it velvety. You may do it 2 or 3 times if necessary)
- Pour the liquid into a heat resistance ramekin
- Place the ramekins into a baking container or any heat resistant container that is deep enough to pour hot water into it. (like this↓)
- Fill the container with hot water (not boiling water ) up to 3 quarters of the ramekins. Cover the container with aluminum foil. This is also a very important step to steam it in the oven.
- Bake for about 30 mins until the liquid is set.
- Take the ramekins out and leave it for a while until it cools down. (Be very careful.) Then cover it with aluminum foil again and leave it in the fridge for at leat 2 hours.
- Take it out, pour caramel on top and ready to go!!
Hope you enjoy^^