Just a simple teriyaki chicken that you can make at home.
(I thought I should update this one in English!)
It has a robust flavor and you’ll love it. We usually don’t add garlic but I just love garlic and it becomes more delightful.
You can make it as a burger but I like having it by itself with a glass of red wine.
Ingredients (for about 6 pieces)
-600g chicken thigh
-Just the right amount of self-rising flour for coating
-2 garlic cloves
-salt & pepper
-3 tbsp mirin
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-2 tbsp cooking sake
-1 tbsp sugar
-1 tsp minced garlic
- Before cooking the chicken thigh, spread a little bit of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- Put some flour into a bowl and put the chicken inside to coat the flour to chicken. (do not add too much. shake off the redundant flour. It should look like this ↓.)
- Put some cooking oil to a pan and face the chicken skin down and cook under high heat until it browns. (the serving is 6 but I cooked 3 pieces first.)
4. Flip the chicken over when it has a perfect golden color. Add the sliced garlic to the pan.
5. Meanwhile, start making the teriyaki sauce. Add all the ingredients to make the sauce into a saucepan and mix them together. Cook under medium heat until in thickens.
6. When both sides of the chicken are nearly cooked, add 4 into the pan and cook until the sauce starts boiling. Equally spread the sauce to the chicken while cooking.
7. The sauce will start reducing until it becomes about 1/5. Keep flipping the chicken over to make sure the it is equally coated. Turn off the heat before the sauce overcooks.
8. Make a bed of lettuce on a plate and spread mayo (kewpie mayo highly preferred. When you eat the teriyaki chicken, the mayo will be a good accent to it.)
9. Place the chicken on top of the lettuce and pour the remaining sauce in the pan on top of it and voila!
Hope you enjoy it!